Evaluation, validation and development of analytical methods, technical and scientific advice in the areas of nutrition, food composition and the detection of food allergens.
Current research and/or projects
Research on food allergens: evaluation, development and validation of analytical methods for the detection of allergens in food.
Research and/or project statements
- Evaluation and validation of ELISA methods for the detection of food allergens in processed foods
- Development of mass spectrometry methods (LC-MS) for the detection of allergens in food (proteomics approach)
- Evaluation of genomic techniques (PCR methods) for the confirmation of ELISA positive results for food allergens.
- Development, evaluation and validation of analytical methods in the fields of nutrition and food composition.
Education and awards
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Université de Sherbrooke, 2001
- M.Sc. Food Science, McGill University, 2009
- AOAC International Technical and Scientific Excellence (2016) AOAC Stakeholder Panel on Strategic Food Analytical Methods (SPSFAM) Working Group on Food Allergens
International experience and/or work
- AOAC Stakeholder Panel on Infant Formula and Adult Nutritionals (SPIFAN) working groups
- AOAC Stakerholder Panel on Strategic Food Analytical Methods (SPSFAM) working groups
Canadian Food Inspection Agency