Masoumeh Bejaei, Ph.D.
Sensory Evaluation and Consumer Research
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Current research and/or projects
- Developing models to predict apple sensory attributes using instrumental and compositional data
- Effects of storage conditions (types and periods) on sensory characteristics of apples and cherries
Professional activities / interests
- Sensory evaluation
- Consumer research
- Preference mapping
- Statistical analysis
- Fruit quality
Education and awards
- Ph.D., The University of British Columbia
- M.Sc., The University of British Columbia
- M.Sc. University of Tehran
- B.Sc. University of Tabriz
- Cliff, M. A., & Bejaei, M. (2018). Inter-correlation of apple firmness determinations and development of cross-validated regression models for prediction of sensory attributes from instrumental and compositional analyses. Food Research International, 106: 752-762.
- Cliff, M. A., Bejaei, M., King, M. C., & McArthur, D. A. (2016). Influence of wine education on wine hedonic and confidence ratings by millennial wine consumers of different ethnicities. Beverages: 2(4), 32.
- Bejaei, M., Wiseman, K., & Cheng, K. M. (2015). Developing logistic regression models using purchase attributes and demographics to predict the probability of purchases of regular and specialty eggs. British Poultry Science, 56(4): 425-435.