Prix et études
2016 Master of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Health sciences (Sydney University, Australia).
Title of Dissertation: Sexuality Education in Western Australian Schools.
Statistics courses covered: The scientific method, cross-sectional, experimental, quasi-experimental,
descriptive case studies, qualitative and qualitative research, issues of sampling, bias, and sample size
calculation. Measurement issues included questionnaire development, reliability and validity of
measurement tools and errors, and interpretation of data analysed from appropriate methods.
2006 Master of Education in Human Sexuality Education (Nationally accredited) 3.6/4 Grade Point Average
SWA of 90% (Widener University, USA)
2004 Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Carleton University, Canada)
Expérience et / ou de travail international
- Senior Health Promotion Officer – South Metropolitan Health Service, WA Health Department, 2014 – 2018
- Coordinated activities towards achieving silver recognition with Healthier Workplaces WA.
- WA Youth Health Policy Working Group member involved in policy formation and writing.
- Engaged in National BBV and STI strategy stakeholder consultation process for 2018-2022.
- Healthy Options WA and Smoke Free Policy: Implemented and evaluated adherence.
- Policy and Planning Officer, Senior Project Officer, Sexual Health, WA Health Department, 2008 – 2013
- Managed government websites and leading recognition as examples of best practice.
- Secretarial support to the Peak State Body for STI & BBV, providing policy support.
- Lead development of Australia’s first online sexuality education course for teachers.
Journal of Sex Education
2017 - McKay E., Vlazny C., Cumming S., 2017. “Relationships and Sexuality Education Topics Taught in Western Australian Secondary Schools during 2014”. Sex Education (CSED). Article ID: CSED 1306437. DOI 10.1080/14681811.2017.1306437. Published at www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14681811.2017.1306437