- Established Camelina sativa as a new industrial oilseed in Canada; collected, conserved diversity and developed breeding programs for Brassica carinata, C. sativa and related species; developed biorefinery concept for industrial oilseeds including sustainability and assessments.
- Extracted nanocrystals from flax and hemp fibres to create biodegradable, renewable nanofillers for use in industrial products.
- Biological, chemical, and enzymatic methods for pretreatment of Brassica straws and other feedstocks for bioethanol production.
- Developed and released a soil bacterium and a fungus as bioherbicides for grassy weed and broadleaved weed control to industry. Developed new tool for molecular diagnosis of plant diseases; identified bacteria to control Botrytis cinerea on tomato, a fungus that causes postharvest diseases; provided registration data for baculovirus (greenhouse insect control).
- Developed pilot plant process to extract insecticidal ingredients from pea flour (also produces less astringent tasting white pea flour and pea lecithin).