The development and implementation of beneficial management practices for improved soil and water quality is enhancing the environmental performance of crop production. This includes research on:
• Forage and cropping systems
• Soil nutrient transport
• Nutrient and manure management
• Irrigation and drainage management and irrigation scheduling
• Soil moisture and salinity monitoring
Developed hydrologic models for three watersheds in southern Manitoba.
- Created information for agricultural resource inventories that helped create numerous integrated watershed management plans and “group farm plans.”