Cereals and Pulses / Oilseeds / Agro-ecosystem Resilience
- Integrated agronomic, pest management and genetic factors to enhance malt barley yield and quality;
- Assessed the productivity, quality and economic impacts of crop and pest management strategies in multiple cropping systems.
- Developed management practices for canola production (reduced nitrogen use; cropping system recommendation, mitigate the impacts of canola diseases).
- Partnered with Province and industry to register eight Minor Use herbicides for forage seed production.
- Released pea varieties for export markets adapted to the Parkland region and the black soil zone.