Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Current research and/or projects
- Ocean Modelling
- Storm Surges
Research and/or project statements
Professional activities / interests
- University of Quebec at Rimouski, Canada
Education and awards
Ph. D. in Physical Oceanography (1995) Dalhousie University, Canada
- Xu. Z. 2011. The All-Source Green's Function of Linear Shallow Water Dynamic System: Its Numerical Constructions and Applications to Tsunami Problems. In: Tsunami, Research and Technologies, Nils-Axel Mörner (Ed.), page numbers (509-540), ISBN: 978-953-307-552-5.
- Xu. Z, D. Lefaivre, and M. Beaulieu, 2011. Decompositions and Extreme Value Analyses of Water Levels at Five Tide Gauges in the Estuary and the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Technical Report of Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada. (In Revision)
- Xu. Z. 2010 Discretized Global Operators and All-Source Green’s Functions of Shallow Water Equations for Real-Time Simulations of Tsunami Arrivals. Proceedings of the 9th U.S. National and 10th Canadian Conference on Earthquake Engineering and 4th International Tsunami Symposium. Toronto, July 25-29, 2010
- Mosher, D.C. , Xu, Z., and Shimeld, J. 2010. The Pliocene Shelburne mass-movement and consequent tsunami, western Scotian Slope. Submarine Mass Movements and Their Consequences. Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research, 2010, Volume 28, IV, 765-775, DOI: 10.1007/978-90-481-3071-9_62
- Xu Z. 2007. The all-source Green's function and its applications to tsunami problems. Science of Tsunami Hazards, Vol. 26, No. 1, pages 59-69 (2007).
- Xu. Z and J.W. Loder, 2004. Data Assimilation and Horizontal Structure of the Barotropic Diurnal Tides on the Newfoundland and Southern Labrador Shelves, Atmosphere-Ocean 42 (1) 2—4. 43-60.
- Wright D. G. and Z. Xu , 2004. Double Kelvin waves over the Newfoundland shelfbreak. Atmosphere-Ocean 42 (2) 2004, 101-111
- Xu Z., R.M. Hendry, and J.W. Loder. 2001. Application of a Direct Inverse Data Assimilation Method to the M2 Tide on the Newfoundland and Southern Labrador Shelves. J. Atmos. Oceanic Technol. 18, 665-690.
- Xu. Z., Hannah C. and Loder J. W., 1999, A 3-D Spatially-Variable Model for Benthic Boundary Layer Dispersion, proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Estuarine and Coastal Modeling. pp. 581---596.
- Xu, Z.1998. A Direct Inverse Method for Inferring Open Boundary Conditions of a Finite-Element Linear Harmonic Ocean Circulation Model. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, Vol 15, pp. 1379 – 1399.
- Xu Z.1995, A transport approach to the convolution method for numerical modelling of linearized 3-D circulation. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 20, pp. 363---391.
- Xu Z. and A. J. Bowen, 1994: Wave- and wind-driven flow on the continental shelf, Journal of Physical Oceanography, Vol. 24, No. 9, pp. 1850---1866.
- Xu Z (2000) Ellipse parameters conversion and vertical velocity proﬁles for tidal currents. Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, 20 pp