Shanna M. Quilichini, M.Sc.
Design and implementation of greenhouse testing to assess crop salinity tolerance.
Current research and/or projects
- Greenhouse salinity tolerance testing for a variety of Canadian crop species
- Evaluating AAC Trueman Alfalfa in Saskatchewan
- Development of Salt Tolerant Alfalfa Cultivars Adapted to Western Canada
- Identification of Genetic Factors Contributing to Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Intermediate Wheatgrass
Research and/or project statements
- Plant abiotic stress
- Development of salt tolerant cultivars
- Forage research of native legumes in the Canadian prairies
- Identification of plants native to the Canadian prairie ecozone
- Statistical design, analysis and interpretation
Education and awards
M.Sc. Plant Science (Forage), University of Saskatchewan, 2020
Scholarship Recipient, Southwest Forage Association, 2018-2019
B.Sc. Biology, Ecology & Environment (Co-op), University of Regina, 2012
Quilichini, S.M., Schellenberg, M., Biligetu, B. 2021. Introduction of four native legumes of the Canadian Prairies in monoculture and in mixtures with meadow bromegrass (Bromus riparius). Can. J. Plant Sci. doi 10.1139/CJPS-2020-0249.
Quilichini, S.M. Establishment, forage production and drought resistance of native perennial legumes of the Canadian prairies. MSc thesis. University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK. 26 May 2020. ORCID: 0000-0003-1111-0419.