Sébastien Brideau, PhD
My role at CanmetENERGY is to develop and run computer models, as well as to test concepts with experiments in an effort to reduce energy consumption in Canadian housing and buildings.
Current research and/or projects
My work deals with reducing energy consumption in Canadian housing and buildings.
Research and/or project statements
- Earth tubes early design tool
- Displacement ventilation coupled with radiant floor heating
- Prefabricated Exterior Energy Retrofit (PEER)
Education and awards
PhD Mechanical Engineering, Carleton University
M.A.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of New Brunswick
- S.A. Brideau, M. Lubun, M. Tardiff, "Early design tool for earth tubes in Canada", Roomvent & Ventilation, Espoo Finland, 2018
- S. Brideau, M. Carver, A. Parekh, B. Conley, "Monitoring and modelling of a prefabricated exterior envelope retrofit", International Building Physics Conference, Syracuse USA, 2018