I'm currently an engineer with a temporary restrictive permit at CanmetENERGY/Natural Resources Canada in Varennes in Quebec. I hold a master's degree in energy engineering with a renewable energy option from Polytechnique Montreal and a general engineering degree from the french engineering school IMT Mines Alès.
With the help of a simulation software and test data, I conduct analyses with different Canadian climates and house models on the impact of replacing a given heating system with heat pumps.
These studies allow a better understanding of the energy savings, energy bill and greenhouse gas emissions that can be achieved with these heating and cooling systems during the year.
Current research and/or projects
I participate in the development of simulations and tools to better understand the impacts of implementing heat pumps in buildings.
Research and/or project statements
- Analyze the impact of cold climate heat pumps on peak electrical demand, energy savings, energy bills and greenhouse gas emissions in Canada.
- Evaluate the energy savings potential of a geothermal heat pump system in a large two-story house in Canada.
- Participate in the development of a tool to select the most appropriate high temperature heat pump system solutions for the renovation of typical federal buildings.
- Assist colleagues in test bench experiments of a cold climate air-source heat pump and a ground-source heat pump.
Professional activities / interests
- Disseminate energy analysis results through scientific journal and newspaper articles, media interviews and conferences.
- Participate in conferences in the building energy field.
Education and awards
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) in energy engineering with renewable energy option, Polytechnique Montreal, 2020
- Engineering degree in energy and environment, National Engineering School IMT Mines Alès, 2020
- Mombelet - Vodentcharoff Award for academic excellence at National Engineering School IMT Mines Alès, 2018
International experience and/or work
Assistant Business Engineer - Vinci Energies - Montpellier - France, 2018
- Organize and plan the progress of an anti-terrorist bollard installation site with analysis and budgeting of reinforced concrete foundations.
- Research, imagine, budget and realize a presentation of innovative public lighting and energy saving recommendations for a small town.
- Contact suppliers, conduct price studies and write quotations.
- Participate in site meetings with clients and subcontractors.
Research and development consultant - La Gerbe - Alès - France, 2018
- Propose an energy mix in a team of three to supply hot and dry air to a food dehydrator in a training center in N'Tolo, Cameroon.
- Model in Excel, evaluate the economic, social and environmental impacts of several solutions and develop appropriate comparison criterias.
- Compare and presente the possible solutions in a report and a presentation and suggest the one that seems the most relevant.
Organization Consultant - Mercadier - Aix-en-Provence - France, 2017
- Provide recommendations to improve the structural and functional organization and redistribute tasks following the departure of an employee.
- Propose and partially implement a 5S method for the storage area and the paint manufacturing process.
- Write a report and make a presentation to the head of the company.
Intern worker / international solidarity - ISF France - N'Tolo - Cameroon, 2017
- Make reinforced concrete for the foundations of a training center for the installation and maintenance of solar panels, assembly of the reinforcement by hand.
- Carry out surveys in order to propose concrete and sustainable solutions to meet the needs of the inhabitants of the village.
Mollier, S., Deslauriers, C.A., Tamasauskas, J., Breton, S., Kegel, M. , 2022. “Peak Electrical Demand Impacts of Air-Source Heat Pumps in Canadian Residential Buildings”. 2022 ASHRAE Annual Conference. Toronto, ON, Canada, paper TO-22-C042.
Tamasauskas, J., Mollier, S., Kegel, M. , 2023. "Assessing the peak demand implications of air-source heat pumps in Canada and identifying potential mitigation strategies". 14th IEA Heat Pump Conference. Chicago, IL, USA.
- Polytechnique Montreal (Quebec)
- National Engineering School IMT Mines Alès (France)