Current research and/or projects
* Research and modeling activities in different H2 production and purification projetcs.
* Research activities in pressurzed chemical looping combustion project.
Education and awards
- I was working on Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Discovery Grant funded project. My research was mainly focused on olefins production from propane. Main achievements during my PhD research are listed under "Graduate Research Assistant" heading.
- PhD Dissertation: Synthesize a novel fluidizable heterogeneous catalyst to increase propylene production from propane via oxidative dehydrogenation (ODH) technique in a downer fluidized bed reactor, subsequently develop a kinetic model and analyze industrial scale performance of the catalyst.
1) Propane Oxidative Dehydrogenation on Vanadium-Based Catalysts under Oxygen-Free Atmospheres
2) Downer fluidized bed reactor modeling for catalytic propane oxidative dehydrogenation with high propylene selectivity
3) High Propylene Selectivity via Propane Oxidative Dehydrogenation Using a Novel Fluidizable Catalyst: Kinetic Modelling
4) Propane Oxidative Dehydrogenation Using Consecutive Feed Injections and Fluidizable VOx/γAl2O3 and VOx/ZrO2–γAl2O3 Catalysts
5) Computational Fluid Dynamics Study of the CREC Riser Simulator: Mixing Patterns.