Sabit Cakmak, PhD.
Conduct scientific research to understand the impact of environmental chemicals on human health
Current research and/or projects
To developed innovative statistical analysis methodologies and epidemiological designs to investigate the links between air pollution and climate change and human health effects.
Research and/or project statements
RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND ANALYSIS
- Spatial Cohort Designs and Time Series Analysis
- Effect of air pollution on health using objective measures of personal information - CHMS
- Synoptic weather types, air pollution, and climate change
- Traffic and human health
- Industrial air pollution and human health
Professional activities / interests
- Member of the external scientific advisory committee for three external institutions
- Served on doctoral student committies
- Mentor undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral fellows
- Served on research ethical board
Education and awards
Ph.D. 1994 Statistics University of Toronto
M. Sc. 1985 Math & Statistics Hacettepe University
International experience and/or work
- consulted with international bodies including USEPA, WHO, and Government of Chile and Colombia.