- Help greenhouse researchers collect climate data, assess and develop new research tools
- Evaluate new technologies to improve greenhouse energy usage, climate control and productivity
- Development of new plant production systems for the production of plants in northern and remote communities
Current research and/or projects
Support greenhouse researchers through the collection of climate data, equipment design, and the development and assessment of new research tools. Integration of sensors and climate monitoring systems into autonomous greenhouse production systems, and the development of new indoor plant production systems for extreme environments.
Research and/or project statements
- Reducing environmental stress on crops through better systems modelling and control to minimize losses & allow for greater control of plant quality.
- Integration of new sensors and climate monitoring techniques with Artificial Intelligence to reduce greenhouse energy use and improve yield
- Development of new systems for the production of plants in northern and remote communities to improve food security and food sovereignty in Northern Canada.
Education and awards
B.Eng Mechanical, Lakehead University 2017
Dip. Engineering Technology (Mechanical), Lakehead University 2015
Greenhouse uses innovative controller to enable artificial intelligence of things.2022 - View publication details
Digweed Q., Bitaxi P., Miller J., Al-Daoud F. Northern growth project continues to thrive. Greenhouse Canada, December 2021. https://www.greenhousecanada.com/northern-growth-project-continues-to-thrive/2021 - View publication details
Not Required2021 - View publication details
Not Required2020 - View publication details
Professional Engineers Ontario - EIT
Ontario Society of Professional Engineers - EIT