Current research and/or projects
- Emerging fruit tree decline in Canada: identification and characterization of the causal agents and epidemiological studies.
- Analyzing the microbiome of mature apple in different geographical regions.
- Bacteriophage mediated control of Grape Crown gall caused by Agrobacterium vitis.
Professional activities / interests
- Disease ecology, pathogen detection and integrated management strategies.
- Etiology and epidemiology of root, foliar and trunk diseases of grapevine, pome, nut and tender fruit trees.
- Microbiome of fruit and vegetables crops.
- Postharvest diseases of fruits and vegetables.
Education and awards
- PhD., Biological Sciences, University of Montreal, QC, Canada.
Griffiths, J., Ellouze, W. (2019) Research activities working towards identifying causes of tree fruit decline. Orchard Network Newsletter, December 2019. p. 6-7.2019 - View publication details
Nguyen HDT, Grunwald NJ, Abad ZG, Martin FN, Crouch J, Hambleton S, Dettman J, Liu M, Harris LJ, Castlebury L, Salagado-Salazar C, Cowger C, Ellouz O, Mollov D, Fall ML, Ling K, Griffifths J, Mahaffee W, Chen W, Sultata T, Yu Q, Carta LK, Skantar AM, Tambong J, Rogers E, Li S, Dumonceaux TJ, Widmer TL. The 2019 AAFC-USDA meeting on genotyping and monitoring of high-risk plant pathogens.2019 - View publication details
Griffiths, J., Lofano, A., Ellouze, W., Wang, A. (2019) Apple and apricot decline in Ontario. Plant Canada 2019, July 7-10. University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada.2019 - View publication details
Ellouze, W. (2018) Approaches to manage Cucumber Green Mottle Mosaic Virus in commercial greenhouses. The International CGMMV working group meeting, July 27th. Pre-meeting activity of the International Congress of Plant Pathology (ICPP-2018). The Hilton Boston Back Bay Hotel, Boston, USA.2018 - View publication details
Member, Canadian Phytopathological Society, American Phytopathological Society, Canadian Society for Horticultural Science and Canadian Society of Plant Biologists.