Science Specialist for Research Management and Partnership Division, Strategic Business and Partnerships Directorate, Science Branch.
Current Responsibilities include:
1) Providing support to the CFIA liaison to the Canadian Safety and Security Program (CSSP)
2) Supporting the CFIA to address its commitments for Open Science implementation as outlined by the Directive on Open Government
3) Development and implementation CFIA scientific publication policy
4) Role of Science Branch representative for the CFIA Openness and Transparency Team: To provide support for the development of a transparency framework to provide Canadians with increased access to information, provide engagement tools to consult with stakeholders on CFIA's approach to transparency, and to provide support for continuing activities under the CFIA approved Open Government Implementation Plan (OGIP).
Current research and/or projects
1) Development and implementation of revised CFIA Scientific Publication Policy
2) Development of a multi-year CFIA Open and Transparent Agency Framework and Action Plan
Professional activities / interests
National liaison for Synapse network, a community of engaged public servants focused on providing all CFIA employees with the opportunity to learn, network and enhance their contribution to the Agency. My main role in the group is to provide graphic and visual aesthetic support for programs and special projects such as The President's Challenge and The Reverse Mentor.
Soutryine, A., Yogasingam, N., Huang, H., Mitchell, G. "Effects of heme-PrP complex on cell-free conversion and peroxidase-linked immunodetection of prions in blood-based assays", Research in Veterinary Science, 101, 168-174, DOI: 10.1016/j.rvsc.2015.05.008