Current research and/or projects
- Pressurized chemical looping for heat and hydrogen production
- Fluidized bed conversion
- Direct contact steam generation
- Slag property characterization
Research and/or project statements
My research focuses on development and assessment of technologies that will allow Canadian industries to meet their heat and hydrogen demands with a reduced environmental impact.
Professional activities / interests
- Slag-refractory interactions
- Application development and assessment for CCUS technologies
- Pilot scale engineering design
- Process control
Education and awards
M.A.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, University of Ottawa, ongoing
B.A.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, University of Ottawa, 2018
B.Sc. in Biochemistry, University of Ottawa, 2018
International experience and/or work
I have collaborated with researchers and industry professionals in Europe, Asia and North America to assess applications of carbon capture and utilization technologies.
Peng, L., Zhang, Z., Lan, C. Q., Basak, A., Bond, N., Ding, X., & du, J. (2016). Alleviation of oxygen stress on Neochloris oleoabundans: effects of bicarbonate and pH. Journal of Applied Phycology, 1-10.