Current research and/or projects
After completion of my Chemistry degrees in France and a work experience in actinide separation for military nuclear applications, I completed a PhD at the INRS, Québec on contaminated soil remediation. I am working at CanmetMINING on nuclear & mine wastes reprocessing for metals recovery. I am developing innovative process to improve valuable metals recycling, decrease environmental liabilities of radioactive wastes & avoid proliferation of fissile materials in Canada.
Research and/or project statements
Current Research Projects:
- Rare earth elements recovery from ores & mine wastes by hydrometallurgy
- Actinides & lanthanide separation by ion exchange & electrolytic reduction
- Process for key elements leaching and recovery from nuclear wastes
- Metals, pentachlorophenol and dioxins polluted soils remediation
- Pilot scale up of radioactive effluent treatment process
Professional activities / interests
- Ph.D. & M.Sc. student supervision
- CanmetMINING Emergency Response Team
- NRCan Young Professional Network Executive Committee
Education and awards
B.Sc. (2006) & M.Sc. (2008) in Chemistry, Université de Bourgogne, France.
Ph.D. in Earth Science, Institut National de la recherche scientifique (INRS), 2012.
Innovation Award, INRS, 2012,
Excellence in Science Award, MMS, Natural Resources Canada, 2015.
- Process for uranium, mercury and cesium leaching and recovery from cemented radioactive wastes. Reynier N., Bouzoubaâ N. & Chapman M. Patent application filed in Canada: 2,893,310 and in USA: 14/726,677, June 1st, 2015.
- Process for decontamination of soil polluted by metals, pentachlorophenol, dioxins and furans and contaminants removal from leachates. Reynier N., Blais J. F. & Mercier G. International patent application: N°PCT/CA2012/050904, December 17th, 2012.
Peer review Publications:
- Reynier N., Lastra R., Laviolette C., Bouzoubaâ N. Chapman M. Uranium, cesium and mercury leaching from cemented radioactive wastes in sulfuric and iodide media. Minerals (2016).
- Reynier N., Lastra R., Laviolette C., Bouzoubaâ N. Chapman M. Comparison of uranium recovery by ion exchange from sulfuric acid liquor in iodide and chloride media. Solv. & Ion Exch. (2016).
- Reynier N., Lastra R., Laviolette C., Bouzoubaâ N. Chapman M. Process optimization and validation for uranium, mercury and cesium leaching from cemented radioactive waste. CNL Nuclear Review (2015).
- Reynier N., Coudert L., Blais J. F., Mercier G., Besner S. Treatment of contaminated soil leachates by precipitation, adsorption and ion exchange. J. of Env. Chem. Eng. (2015)
- Reynier N., Blais J. F., Mercier G., Besner S. Optimization of a chemical leaching process for decontamination of As, PCP and PCDDF polluted soil. J. of Environmental Technology (2013)
- Reynier N., Blais J. F., Mercier G., Besner S. Optimization of arsenic and pentachlorophenol removal from soil using an Experimental Design Methodology. J. of Soil and Sediment (2013)
- Reynier N., Blais J. F., Mercier G., Besner S. Treatment of arsenic and pentachlorophenol polluted-soil using flotation. Water Air Soil Pollution (2013)
- Coudert L., Blais J. F., Mercier G., Cooper P., Morris P., Janin A., Reynier N. Pilot-scale investigation of the robustness and efficiency of a copper-based treated wood wastes recycling process. Journal of Hazardous Materials (2013)
Adjunct Professor, Université Laval, Département de chimie