Main tasks include lab organization, field work planning, data management and cyanotoxins analysis by LC-MS.
Research and/or project statements
- Additional duty: Radiation Safety Officier for ECCC and the Canada Centre for Inland Waters (2020-)
- Additional duty: Head of Occupational Health and Safety Inspection Teams for the Canada Centre for Inland Waters, 4th floor ( 2019-)
Professional activities / interests
- Compounds detection and analysis by UPLC-QTOF-MS
- Algal culturing (cyanobacteria, gree algae, diatoms, etc.)
- Interest in public health and safety policies, including occupational health and safety
Education and awards
MSc. Biology (specialized in chemical and environmental toxicology) University of Ottawa, 2018
BSc. Hon. Biopharmaceutical sciences (specialized in medicial chemistry), University of Ottawa, 2014
Racine, M.; Saleem, A.; Pick, F.R. Metabolome Variation between Strains of Microcystis aeruginosa by Untargeted Mass Spectrometry. Toxins 2019, 11, 723.
Pilon S, Zastepa A, Taranu ZE, Gregory-Eaves I, Racine M, Blais JM, Poulain AJ, Pick FR. Contrasting histories of microcystin-producing cyanobacteria in two temperate lakes as inferred from quantitative sediment DNA analyses. Lake Reserv Manage. 2018, 35, 102–117
- Member of the Laurantian Chapter of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (2013-2019)