Current research and/or projects
My focus is to develop energy science and technology in the field of clean energy.
Research and/or project statements
- Waste heat to power
- High pressure oxy-fired (HiPrOx) combustion
- HiPrOx direct contact steam generation (DCSG)
- Near-zero emission power cycles
Professional activities / interests
- Interested in energy efficient co-op housing
- Collaboration with various institutions including the University of Guelph, CanmetMATERIALS, Suncor
Education and awards
M.Sc. in Energy and Power Engineering, Chongqing University, China
M.Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, USA.
NRCan Departmental Achievement Award 2016
- Josh Rosettani, Philip Geddis, Lijun Wu, Bruce Clements, Wael Ahmed, Nitrogen-Galinstan Two Phase Pumping for MHD Power Generation Systems, The 5th World Congress on Momentum, Heat and Mass Transfer(2020), DOI: 10.11159/icmfht20.131
- Philip Geddis, Lijun Wu, Andrew McDonald, Steven Chen, and Bruce Clements, Effect of static liquid Galinstan on common metals and non-metals at temperatures up to 200 °C, Canadian Journal of Chemistry (2020), https://doi.org/10.1139/cjc-2020-0227
- L. Wu, D. Thimsen, B. Clements, L. Zheng, R. Pomalis, A Hybrid Rankine Cycle (HyRC) with ambient pressure combustion (APC), Applied Thermal Engineering (2014)
- O. Dinale, E. Sciubba, L. Wu, "A modular simulation procedure for fluidized bed systems", ASME AES-35, 1995
- E. Sciubba, L. Wu, "Theoretical and practical limits to the efficiency of repowered combined cycle power plants", First Intl. Conf. on Comb. Cycles, Calcutta, 1994.
- Enrico Sciubba, Lijun Wu, "I limit di rendimento dei cicli combinati nell'impiego 'repowering': valori teorici e reali-parte seconda: calcolo di alcuni casi industriali", VII Convegno Nazional, Associazion Termotecnica Italiana, Milano, Italia, Aug.1993.
- Lijun Wu, Kexiong Zhu, Hengshun Lei, "Thermo-economic Analysis on Paper Pulp Cooking process", The International Proceeding of Thermodynamic Analysis and Improvement of Energy System, TAIES/ASME, Beijing, China, June 1989
- Lijun Wu, Kexiong Zhu, Hengshun Lei, " Thermoeconomic Analysis on Alkali Recovery System in Paper Mill", The 4th Proceeding of Thermodynamic Second-law Analysis and Energy Recovery, Xian, China, July 1988.