Leslie Smith, P. Eng., C.L.S.
Geomatics Specialist responsible to serve as a subject-matter expert on legal surveys and property definition of lands.
Current research and/or projects
Legal surveys and property definition of lands as required by Comprehensive Land Claims, other Land Claims, and Other Government Department (OGD) programs in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Research and/or project statements
- Research and prepare land descriptions
- Implementing Surveyor General, NRCan obligations as stated in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreements
- Provide professional opinions and advice and technical expertise
Professional activities / interests
- Aboriginal Lands
- Comprehensive Land Claims
- Northern Canada
Education and awards
- Sector Recognition Award; Earth Sciences Sector, NRCan, 2009
- Commission - Canada Lands Surveyor; Association of Canada Lands Surveyors, 2003
- Certificate – Management Development Program for Women, Carleton University, 1995
- B. SC. Eng. (Surveying Engineering), University of New Brunswick, 1988
- Surveying Technician (Hons.), Northern College of Applied Arts and Technology, 1983