Supervision and coordination of all activities related to chemical analyses on nutrition (mineral nutrients, total sugars, dietary fibre) on food colours and marine toxins in food products.
Current research and/or projects
Contribution to maintaining reliable and accurate set of chemical analyses in foods and to enforcing compliance of the Food and Drugs Regulations of food products sold on the Canadian market.
Research and/or project statements
- Design, development and validation of novel analytical approaches and methods in the field of nutrition and food chemistry
- Scientific and technical advice on food analyses for internal (CFIA Operations/Programs) and external (private labs, industry) clients
Professional activities / interests
- Supervision and coordination of Longueuil Laboratory Unit; 5 lab technicians and 3 lab professionals
- Nutrition and food chemistry: Nutrition Facts Table elements (mineral nutrients, dietary fibre, total sugars), synthetic and natural food colours and shellfish marine toxins
- International Working Group member on Food Colours (AOAC Cosmetics and Color Additives)
- Certified technical assessor for lab evaluation/re-evaluation under ISO/CEI 17025 accreditation for the Standards Council of Canada
Education and awards
- B.Sc. Chemistry, Université de Sherbrooke (Québec), 1996
- M.Sc. Chemistry (polymer science), Université de Sherbrooke (Québec), 1999
International experience and/or work
AOAC Cosmetics and Color Additives working group