Jonathan Lafond, Ph.D.
My expertise is soil hydrology of agricultural landscapes. My research program focuses on studying multi-scale soil hydrodynamics in order to qualify and quantify nutrients and contaminants transport to surface and groundwater, and to develop and encourage adoption of best management practices.
Current research and/or projects
- Living Lab Lac-St-Pierre (Quebec)
- Smart agriculture in potato production
- Pesticide rinsate biobeds
Education and awards
- B.Sc. biology (conc.) in ecology, Sherbrooke University, Quebec, 2003
- Ph.D. soils and environment (conc.) soil physics, Laval University, Quebec, 2010
- Association québécoise de spécialistes en sciences du sol
- Canadian Society of Soil Science
- Soil Science Society of America