Current research and/or projects
Management of research & development for rehabilitation and conservation of water resources
- Assessment of groundwater quality and remediation of contaminated groundwater
- Methods and tools for the assessment and remediation of contaminated sediments
- Nutrient enrichment and organic contaminants in large aquatic ecosystems and coastal areas
- Integrated management of urban water supply, drainage, wastewater and receiving waters
- Scientific knowledge, tools and models to better integrate water quality monitoring and research information for enhanced understanding and management
Professional activities / interests
Research coordination and integration
Manuscript, research grant and agreement review
Standardization - chair of Canadian Advisory Committee for ISO TC147, Water Chemistry
Education and awards
Environment Canada Citation of Excellence for environmental effects monitoring
Don Laberge Award for outstanding contribution to CAEAL
Watson, S.B. and J. Lawrence. 2003. Drinking Water Quality and Sustainability. Water Qual. Res. J. Canada. 38(1):3-13.
Chambers, P., M. Allard, S. Walker, J. Marsalek, J. Lawrence, M. Servos, J. Busnarda, K. Munger, K. Adare, C. Jefferson, R. Kent and M. Wong. 1997. Impacts of Municipal Wastewater Effluents on Canadian Waters: A Review. Water Qual. Res. J. Canada. 32(4):659-713.
Lawrence, J. and K. Aspila. 1995. Quality Assurance for Environmental Monitoring. Water Qual. Res. J. Canada. 30(1):1-7.
Canadian co-chair of the IJC's Council of Great Lakes Research Managers
Canadian co-lead, Great Lakes Regional Research Information Network, GLRRIN
Co-chair, Federal-Provincial Lake Winnipeg Basin Committee