Current research and/or projects
My first project is to refine our understanding of the annual cycle of transport through the Belle Isle Strait by integrating SST, ADCP, and CTD data dating back to 2007. My second project is to use ARGO data in the west Atlantic to find out up to what temperature the deep waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence might warm following present trends. Since 2020, I am also an editor for DFO science reports published by Maurice-Lamontagne Institute scientists.
Research and/or project statements
- Participation in monitoring of sea-ice in the Gulf of St. Lawrence
- Climatological study of transport in the Belle Isle Strait via observations
- Assessing a high temperature bound for deep waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence
Professional activities / interests
- Process automation
- Processing and visualization of geographical data
- Processing of acoustic current profiler data (ADCP)
- Oceanographic fieldwork
- Writing scientific communications
Education and awards
- M. Sc. Oceanography, Université du Québec à Rimouski (ISMER), 2019
- B. Sc. Physics, University of Montreal, 2016
- Galbraith, P.S., Chassé, J., Shaw, J.-L., Dumas, J., Caverhill, C., Lefaivre, D. and Lafleur, C. 2021. Physical Oceanographic Conditions in the Gulf of St. Lawrence during 2020. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Res. Doc. 2021/045. iv + 84 p.
- DFO (Chairperson: P.S. Galbraith; Editors: J.-L. Shaw and P.S. Galbraith). 2020. Proceedings of the zonal peer review of the Twenty-second Annual Meeting of the Atlantic Zone Monitoring Program (AZMP); April 20-21, 2020. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Proceed. Ser. 2020/019.
- Galbraith, P.S., Chassé, J., Shaw, J.-L., Dumas, J., Caverhill, C., Lefaivre, D. and Lafleur, C. 2020. Physical Oceanographic Conditions in the Gulf of St. Lawrence during 2019. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Res. Doc. 2020/030. iv + 88 p.
- Shaw, J.-L., Bourgault, D., Dumont, D., (2019), Hydrodynamique de la baie de Sept-Îles, Thèse M. Sc., Université du Québec à Rimouski, 74 pp.