Collection, processing and communication of physical oceanographic data within the Atlantic Zone Monitoring Program (AZMP)
Current research and/or projects
My first current projet is a potential evaluation for the American Bank site in the Gulf of St. Lawrence for the study of interaction between internal waves and topography. I am also working on refining understanding of the annual cycle of transport through the Belle Isle Strait by integrating SST, ADCP, and CTD data dating back to 2007.
Research and/or project statements
- Participation in monitoring of sea-ice in the Gulf of St. Lawrence
- Observation of internal waves at the American Bank site
- Climatological study of transport in the Belle Isle Strait via observations
Professional activities / interests
- Process automation
- Processing and visualization of geographical data
- Processing of acoustic current profiler data (ADCP)
- Writing scientific communications
- Galbraith, P.S., Chassé, J., Shaw, J.-L., Dumas, J., Caverhill, C., Lefaivre, D. and Lafleur, C. 2020. Physical Oceanographic Conditions in the Gulf of St. Lawrence during 2019. DFO Can. Sci. Advis. Sec. Res. Doc. 2020/030. iv + 84 p.
- Shaw, J.-L., Bourgault, D., Dumont, D., (2019), Hydrodynamique de la baie de Sept-Îles, Thèse M. Sc., Université du Québec à Rimouski, 74 pp.