Isabelle Royer, Ph.D.
Current research and/or projects
- Bioenergy crop production in marginal soils: Capitalizing on organic residues and soil microflora (A-base)
- Ensuring ecosystem productivity and resiliency by assessing the impact of trace metal contamination from manure on the potential for cyanobacterial and harmful algal blooms in fresh water bodies (IRIA)
- Implementing a living laboratory in Québec – Lake St-Pierre region (LLI)
- PERMANENCE project – Long-term effect of perenniality and manure utilization in crop rotations for dairy farms.
Research and/or project statements
Trace metals cycle (heavy metals) and impact of the agroecosystem.
Use of marginal lands for the purpose of producing biomass for bioenergy purposes.
Understanding of the mechanisms of accumulation of trace metals in soils following the application of livestock effluents.
Foster innovation on the trace-metal route from the ration of the cows to the field to the water bodies.
Professional activities / interests
President of the provincial soil science association (AQSSS).
Education and awards
- Ph.D. Water science and environment, INRS-ETE 2003.
- M.Sc. Soil chemistry, Université Laval, 1996
- B.Sc. Agronomy, Université Laval, 1993
Chantigny, M.H., MacDonald, J.D., Angers, D.A., Rochette, P., Royer, I., Gasser, M.O. (2013). Soil nitrogen dynamics following herbicide kill and tillage of manured and unmanured grasslands, 93(2), 229-237. http://dx.doi.org/10.4141/CJSS2012-0942013 - View publication details
Rieux, C.M., Vanasse, A., Chantigny, M.H., Gélinas, P., Angers, D.A., Rochette, P., Royer, I. (2013). Yield and bread-making potential of spring wheat under mineral and organic fertilization, 53(3), 1139-1147. http://dx.doi.org/10.2135/cropsci2012.07.04482013 - View publication details
MacDonald, J.D., Chantigny, M.H., Angers, D.A., Rochette, P., Royer, I., Gasser, M.O. (2011). Soil soluble carbon dynamics of manured and unmanured grasslands following chemical kill and ploughing, 164(1-2), 64-72. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2011.05.0112011 - View publication details
MacDonald, J.D., Angers, D.A., Rochette, P., Chantigny, M.H., Royer, I., Gasser, M.O. (2010). Plowing a poorly drained grassland reduced soil respiration, 74(6), 2067-2076. http://dx.doi.org/10.2136/sssaj2010.00592010 - View publication details
Associate professor at the soil and agri-food department of Laval University.