Develop software for detection of viruses and other plant pathogens and provide bioinformatic support for research projects.
Current research and/or projects
Research and/or project statements
- development of next-generation sequencing (NGS) as a plant pathogen detection method
- development of Virtool as a web-based software tool for detection of plant viruses using NGS
- maintenance of scientific computing resources at Sidney Laboratory
Professional activities / interests
- Python-based bioinformatic programming
- Next-generation sequencing analysis
- Full-stack web development
- Linux operating systems
Education and awards
M.Sc. Biology, University of Victoria, 2013
B.Sc. Biology, University of Victoria, 2009
Kesanakurti P et al. 2017. Arch Virol. 162:2821-2828.
Eves-van den Akker et al. 2016. Genome Biol. 17:124.
Kesanakurti P et al. 2016. J Virol Methods. 236:35-40.
Little SA et al. 2016. Plant Reprod. 29:273-286.