Guillaume J. Bilodeau
Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), Ottawa Plant Laboratory (Fallowfield) - Pathogen Identification Research. Plant Pathogens Identification Research Lab (PIRL). Plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts research and development of technologies for detection and identification of plant pests (fungi-oomycetes) of regulatory significance. Expertise: Fungal detection and genotyping, Phytophthora, Phytophthora ramorum, Verticillium, Real-Time PCR, Molecular biology, genomic, metagenomic.
Research and/or project statements
- Detection and genotyping of of plant pathogens of regulatory concern
- Evaluation of genomics for detection of of plant pathogens of regulatory concern
Professional activities / interests
- Member of the American Phytopathology Society.
- Member of the Canadian Phytopathological Society.
- Member of the Quebec Society for Plant Protection.
- Speaker at many conferences.
- Supervision of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Review of scientific texts and grant applications.
Education and awards
2008, Ph. D. degree in microbiology, Laval University, Québec, Québec, Canada
Thesis subject: Detection and genomic of Phytophthora ramorum causal agent of sudden oak death.
2003, M. sc. degree in microbiology, Laval University, Québec, Québec, Canada
2002, Bachelor's degree in microbiology, Laval University, Québec, Québec, Canada
- 2017 CFIA President's National Award, Exceptional Service Delivery. Biosurveillance of Alien Forest Enemies (bioSAFE).
- 2016 Public Service Award of Excellence, Scientific contribution;
- 2016 CFIA President's National Award. Dr. Brian Evans Award for partnership and team work.
- CFIA Science Branch award 2016.
- Natural Resources Canada Merit Award, Creativity and Innovation, 2008
- CFS (Canadian Forest Service) Merit Awards 2007-2008
Nguyen HDT, Smith D, Li X, Gagnon M-C., Bilodeau G, van de Vossenberg B, van der Lee TAJ, Joly D, Levesque CA. 2016. Sixteen years of potato wart research collaboration between CFIA and AAFC. Poster presented at the 2016 CFIA Science Cafe in Ottawa.2016 - View publication details
Research Scientist, Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA);
Adjunct Professor, Université Laval, Department of microbiology, biochemistry and bioinformatic;
Adjunct Research Professor, Carleton University, Department of biology;
Associate Editor : Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology
Editor: Archives Of Phytopathology And Plant Protection