Evelyne Guévremont Ph.D.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Current research and/or projects
My research aims to support Canada's food processing industry by fostering innovation and reducing the risk of bacterial threats to the food chain.
Research and/or project statements
- Detection of pathogenic bacteria in animal production throughout the farm-to-table food continuum
- Application and development of molecular biological tools for the detection of pathogenic bacteria
- Analysis of mechanisms associated with bacterial survival related to food safety
- Study of the transmission and spread of Campylobacter
Professional activities / interests
- Biosafety Officer
- Student trainning
For a complete list of publications, please visit: AAFC Online
- Guévremont, E., Lamoureux, L., Généreux, M., Côté, C. 2017. Irrigation water sources and time intervals as variables on the presence of Campylobacter spp. and Listeria monocytogenes on romaine lettuce grown in muck soil. J Food Protect 80: 1182-1187
- Moineau-Jean, A., Guévremont, E., Champagne, C.P., Roy, D., Raymond, Y., LaPointe, G. 2017. Fate of Escherichia coli and Kluyveromyces marxianus contaminants during storage of Greek-style yogurt produced by centrifugation or ultrafiltration. Int Dairy J 72:36-43
- Thibodeau, A., Fravalo, P., Taboada, E.N., Laurent-Lewandowski, S., Guévremont, E., Quessy, S., Letellier, A. 2015. Extensive characterization of Campylobacter jejuni chicken isolates to uncover genes involved in the ability to compete for gut colonization. BMC Microbiol 15:97
- Villeneuve, S., Power, K.A., Guévremont, E., Mondor, M., Tsao, R., Wanasundara, J., Zarepoor, L., Mercier, S. 2015. Effect of a short-time germination process on the nutrient composition, microbial counts and bread-making potential of whole flaxseed. J Food Process Preserv 39: 1574-1586
- Guévremont, E., Lamoureux, L., Ward, P., Villeneuve, S. 2015. Survival of Campylobacter jejuni on fresh spinach stored at 4 °C or 12 °C. Food Control 50: 736-739
- Ward, P., Guévremont, E. 2014 Comparison of intestinal bacterial populations between two dairy cattle herds colonized or not by Campylobacter jejuni. Foodborne Pathog Dis 11: 966-968
- Mondor, M., Guévremont, E., Villeneuve, S. 2014. Processing, characterization and bread-making potential of malted yellow peas. Food Bioscience 7: 11-18
- Guévremont, E., Lamoureux, L., Loubier, C.B., Villeneuve, S., Dubuc, J. 2014. Detection and characterization of Campylobacter spp. from 40 dairy cattle herds in Quebec, Canada. Foodborne Pathog Dis 11: 388-394
- Thibodeau, A., Fravalo, P., Laurent-Lewandowski, S., Guévremont, E., Quessy, S., Letellier, A. 2011. Presence and characterization of Campylobacter jejuni in organically raised chickens in Quebec. Can J Vet Res. 75: 298-307
- Brassard, J., Guévremont, E., Gagné, M-J., Lamoureux, L. 2011. Simultaneous recovery of bacteria and viruses from contaminated water and spinach by a filtration method. Intl J Food Microbiol. 144: 565-568
- Letellier, A., Beauchamp, G., Guévremont, E., D’Allaire, S., Hurnik, D., Quessy, S. 2009. Risk factors at slaughter associated with presence of Salmonella on hog carcasses in Canada. J Food Protect. 72: 2326-2331.