Standardize Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) between 3 sectors of the Central & Arctic regions by working with the officers assigned in each sector (Central region (Great-Lakes & St-Lawrence sectors) and Arctic region). Standardization efforts are also done in collaboration with the Atlantic region, with whom we share practices and regional boundaries. Eventually, these SOPs will need to be taught to staff and will require building/adapting courses to do so.
Develop a regional marine spill contingency plan for the Central and Arctic regions, and support the development of plans for each sector (Great-Lakes, St-Lawrence and Arctic) and for area-specific response plans by establishing guidelines and supporting regional staff in their creations. Eventually, the methodology might need to be taught on a course.
Establish, develop and document agreements on how CCG ER Central & Arctic regions will work with other organizations, both internal (CCG Fleet, Regional Operations Center, etc.) and external (Environment and Climate Change Canada, provincial authorities, etc.).
Document and organize all reference material used for the writing of all SOPs and plans for the region.
Design regional spill response exercises either as stand-alone exercises such as Canusnorth or the ER component integrated within a larger exercise such as Nanook.
Current research and/or projects
As part of the Oceans Protection Plan, represent the Central region on the following initiatives:
- training and exercising;
- the student hiring program; and
- on the Primary of Environmental Response Team (PERT).
In my more regular functions:
- Develop the regional emergency plan for the Central and Arctic Regions;
- Standardization / Update / Develop standard operating procedures;
- Design of emergency response exercises;
- Develop agreements with other organizations.
Professional activities / interests
- Marine spill response;
- Course design;
- Emergency management;
- Marine environment.
Education and awards
- Marine Communication and Traffic Services Officer Training Program, Canadian Coast Guard College;
- Short program of undergraduate studies in Adult Learning, Télé-Université;
- B. Sc. in Marine Biology, Université du Québec à Rimouski;
- M. Sc. in Marine Resources Management (environmental profile), Université du Québec à Rimouski.
- Procedures Manual - CCG Pollution Response Officer 
- Post-Incident Review: Opération grille [Operation Grid], summer 2018 
- Basics of Oil Spill Response Course (BOSRC-2017) - Reference and exercise manuals; and course training standards 
- Competency Profiles - Environmental Response 
- Marine Spill Response Operations Course (MSROC) - Reference Manual and training standards