Current research and/or projects
- Ecological forecasting
- Forest ecology
- Quantitative ecology
- Forest disturbances
- Integration across traditional disciplines
- Developing quantitative methods
- Spatial analysis
- Ecological modeling
- Field ecology
Professional activities / interests
- Member of the Ecology and Evolution Evaluation Group Committee, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.
- Supervise Ph.D. candidates.
- Review scientific texts.
Education and awards
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Quantitative Ecology, University of Montana (Missoula, MT), 2003-2006.
- Ph.D. in Forest Ecology, University of British Columbia, 2003.
- M.Sc. in Botany, University of Toronto, 1999.
- B.Sc. in Biology, McGill University, 1996.
- Grant to attend International Association of Landscape Ecology, NASA-MSU Professional Enhancement Awards, 2003.
- Donald S. McPhee Fellowship, University of British Columbia, 2002.
- Renard, S.; Fajardo, A.; McIntire, E.J.B. 2016. Winter—not summer—climatic conditions influence recruitment of seedlings at alpine treeline. Journal of Vegetation Science. doi:10.1111/jvs.12347.
- Roy, C.; McIntire, E.J.B.; Cumming, S.G. 2015. Assessing the spatial variability of density dependence in waterfowl populations. Ecography. doi:10.1111/ecog.01534.
- Beguin, J.; McIntire, E.J.B.; Raulier, F. 2015. Salvage logging following fires can minimize boreal caribou habitat loss while maintaining forest quotas: An example of compensatory cumulative effects. Journal of Environmental Management. doi:10.1016/j.jenvman.2015.08.009.
- Roy, C.; Cumming, S.G.; McIntire, E.J.B. 2015. Spatial and temporal variation in harvest probabilities for American Black duck. Ecology and Evolution. doi:10.1002/ece3.1484.
- McIntire, E.J.B. 2014. Being a facilitator can be costly : teasing apart reciprocal effects. New Phytologist 202:4–6 invited paper. doi:10.1111/nph.12740.
Affiliate member of the Centre for Forest Research (since 2012)
Adjunct professor, Université Laval (since 2012)
Associate professor, Université Laval (2011-2012)
Assistant professor, Université Laval (2006-2011)