Current research and/or projects
- Ecological forecasting
- Forest ecology
- Quantitative ecology
- Forest disturbances
- Integration across traditional disciplines
- Developing quantitative methods
- Spatial analysis
- Ecological modeling
- Field ecology
Professional activities / interests
- Member of the Ecology and Evolution Evaluation Group Committee, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.
- Supervise Ph.D. candidates.
- Review scientific texts.
Education and awards
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Quantitative Ecology, University of Montana (Missoula, MT), 2003-2006.
- Ph.D. in Forest Ecology, University of British Columbia, 2003.
- M.Sc. in Botany, University of Toronto, 1999.
- B.Sc. in Biology, McGill University, 1996.
- Grant to attend International Association of Landscape Ecology, NASA-MSU Professional Enhancement Awards, 2003.
- Donald S. McPhee Fellowship, University of British Columbia, 2002.
- Renard, S.; Fajardo, A.; McIntire, E.J.B. 2016. Winter—not summer—climatic conditions influence recruitment of seedlings at alpine treeline. Journal of Vegetation Science. doi:10.1111/jvs.12347.
- Roy, C.; McIntire, E.J.B.; Cumming, S.G. 2015. Assessing the spatial variability of density dependence in waterfowl populations. Ecography. doi:10.1111/ecog.01534.
- Beguin, J.; McIntire, E.J.B.; Raulier, F. 2015. Salvage logging following fires can minimize boreal caribou habitat loss while maintaining forest quotas: An example of compensatory cumulative effects. Journal of Environmental Management. doi:10.1016/j.jenvman.2015.08.009.
- Roy, C.; Cumming, S.G.; McIntire, E.J.B. 2015. Spatial and temporal variation in harvest probabilities for American Black duck. Ecology and Evolution. doi:10.1002/ece3.1484.
- McIntire, E.J.B. 2014. Being a facilitator can be costly : teasing apart reciprocal effects. New Phytologist 202:4–6 invited paper. doi:10.1111/nph.12740.
For more publications by this author, consult the CFS publications database.
Affiliate member of the Centre for Forest Research (since 2012)
Adjunct professor, Université Laval (since 2012)
Associate professor, Université Laval (2011-2012)
Assistant professor, Université Laval (2006-2011)