Eddy H. Chui
Current research and/or projects
My interest in research started as a summer student working at the University of Alberta in the field of experimental heat transfer phenomena. That interest was broadened to advanced energy systems while doing my doctoral study at University of Waterloo with support from NRCan. Since graduation, it has been a privilege to work at CanmetENERGY Ottawa in a variety of subject areas, most recently being the director of the Clean Fossil Fuels Group on advancing technologies to enhance fossil fuel extraction and utilization in an environmentally responsible manner. I also have the opportunity to appreciate the international efforts in this area while representing Canada in the International IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Program and the Carbon Sequestration Leadership Forum.
Professional activities / interests
Areas of expertise: advanced energy systems for steam, power and heat generation.
Education and awards
- B.Sc. (distinction) Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, 1980.
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 1985.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1990.
Innovation and Energy Technology Sector (IETS) award from NRCan (2000 and 2010).
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geophysicists of Alberta.
- Combustion Institute, Canadian Section.
- American Flame Research Committee of the International Flame Research Foundation.