Dr. Maria A. Trainer
Human health risk assessment of animate products of biotechnology regulated under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act 1999 (CEPA 1999)
Current research and/or projects
- Scientific evaluation of animate products of biotechnology regulated under CEPA 1999.
Education and awards
PhD Bacterial Molecular Genetics, University of Waterloo, 2009
MSc Biochemistry, Washington State University, 2004
BSc Microbiology, University of Idaho, 2000
BSc Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of Idaho, 2000
- M.A. Trainer, D. Capstick, A. Zachertowska, K.N. Lam, S.R.D. Clark, and T.C. Charles (2010). Identiﬁcation and characterization of the intracellular poly-3-hydroxybutyrate depolymerase PhaZ of Sinorhizobium meliloti. BMC Microbiology. 10:92.
- R. Nordeste, M.A.Trainer and T.C. Charles (2009). Methods for the Isolation of Genes Encoding Novel PHB Cycle Enzymes from Complex Microbial Communities. In Metagenomics: Methods in Molecular Biology. 668:235-246
- M.A. Trainer, P. Baveye, and G. Syme (2010). Goals, Gaps and Governance: The Holy Grail in Preserving Canada’s Hidden Liquid Gold. Journal of Hydrology. 380: 1-3.
- C. Wang, X. Sheng, R. C. Equi, M.A.Trainer, T.C. Charles and B.W.S. Sobral (2007). Influence of the Poly-3-Hydroxybutyrate (PHB) Granule-Associated Proteins (PhaP) on PHB Accumulation and Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation in Sinorhizobium meliloti Rm1021. Journal of Bacteriology. 189 (24):9050-9056.
- M.A. Trainer, S.Y. Yurgel and M.L. Kahn (2007). Role of a Conserved Membrane Glycine Residue in a Dicarboxylate Transporter from Sinorhizobium meliloti. Journal of Bacteriology. 189 (5):2160-2163.
- M.A. Trainer and T.C. Charles (2006). The role of PHB in the symbiosis of rhizobia with legumes. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 71 (4):377-386.
- S.K. Stoll, A. Matthews, M.A. Trainer, C. McLaughlin, J.M. Beller, J. Matthews, B. Freitas and M. Milke (2000). I Play Therefore I am: An undergraduate philosophical action research project. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. 71:50-55.
Society of Toxicology