Dr. Lioudmila Nossova
Research in environmental catalysis
Current research and/or projects
I joined NRCan CanmetENERGY - Ottawa in 2008 as a research chemist working on catalytic membrane reactors for different industrial processes. Since 2011, I am a member of the Catalytic Conversion Team which is focused on catalysis for pollution control. In 2014, my position was reclassified to research scientist.
Research and/or project statements
Current Research Project:
Catalyst development for automotive pollution control:
- soot catalytic oxidation
- methane catalytic oxidation
- simultaneous removal of NOx and soot
Professional activities / interests
Collaborations: Nett Technologies Inc., DCL International Inc., Westport Innovation, NRC, University of Ottawa
Colleagues: Dr. Gianni Caravaggio and Dr. Nicola Maffei (Research Scientists).
Supervision: Undergraduate students from the University of Ottawa and University of Waterloo.
Education and awards
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from the Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, 1995
- Master Degree in Chemistry, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia, 1981
International experience and/or work
Research Scientist, Boreskov Insitute of Catalysis, Russian Academy of Sciences, Novosibirsk, 1983-1999.
- G. Caravaggio, L. Nossova, M. Turnbull. Nickel-magnesium mixed oxide catalyst for low temperature methane oxidation. Chem Eng J 405 (2020) 126862 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.126862)
- N. Maffei, L. Nossova, M. Turnbull, G. Caravaggio, R. Burich. Doped barium cerate perovskite catalysts for simultaneous NOx storage and soot oxidation. Appl Catal A: General 600 (2020) 117465 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcata.2020.117465)
- L. Nossova, G. Caravaggio, M.Coullaird, S. Ntais. Effect of preparation method on the performance of silver-zirconia catalystsfor soot oxidation in diesel engine exhaust. Appl Catal B: Environmental 225 (2018) 538-549 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2017.11.070)
- Gianni Caravaggio, Lioudmila Nossova, Raymond Burich. Influence of Supports on Pd catalysts for the Selective Catalytic Reduction of NOx with H2 and CO. Emiss Control Sci Technol 2 (2016) 10-19 (doi:10.1007/s40825-015-0027-6).
- M. Stanciulescu, P. Bulsink, G. Caravaggio, L. Nossova, R. Burich, Appl Surf Sci 300 (2014) 201-207 (doi:10.1016/j.apsusc.2014.01.175).
- 2011-present Research Scientist, CanmetENERGY-Ottawa
- 2008-2011 Research Chemist, CanmetENERGY-Ottawa
- 2006-2007 Technical Officer, Institute for Biological Sciences, NRC, Ottawa
- 2003-2006 Research Associate, Canadian Bacterial Disease Network, University of Ottawa, Ottawa
- 2001-2003 Research Associate, Chemistry Department, University of Ottawa, Ottawa
- 1983-1999 Research Scientist, Boreskov Institute of Catalysis, Novosibirsk, Russia