Dr. Kyrylo Bessonov
To undertake and lead research in support of the National Microbiology Laboratory mandate as it relates to scientific innovation, diagnostic development, methods in support of outbreak detection and management, development of novel bioinformatics methods and applications
- Bessonov, K., Robertson, J. A., Lin, J. T., Liu, K., Gurnik, S., Kernaghan, S. A., ... & Nash, J. H. (2018). Complete Genome and Plasmid Sequences of 32 Salmonella enterica Strains from 30 Serovars. Microbiol Resour Announc, 7(17), e01232-18.
- Bessonov, K., & Van Steen, K. (2016). Practical aspects of gene regulatory inference via conditional inference forests from expression data. Genetic epidemiology, 40(8), 767-778.
- Gusareva, Elena S., et al. "Male-specific epistasis between WWC1 and TLN2 genes is associated with Alzheimer's disease." Neurobiology of aging 72 (2018): 188-e3.
- Valdez-Moreno, M., Ivanova, N. V., Elias-Gutierrez, M., Pedersen, S. L., Bessonov, K., & Hebert, P. D. (2018). Using eDNA to biomonitor the fish community in a tropical oligotrophic lake. bioRxiv, 375089.
- Bollen, L., Vande Casteele, N., Peeters, M., Bessonov, K., Van Steen, K., Rutgeerts, P., ... & Gils, A. (2015). Short-term effect of infliximab is reflected in the clot lysis profile of patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a prospective study. Inflammatory bowel diseases, 21(3), 570-578.
- Bessonov, K., Vassall, K. A., & Harauz, G. (2017). Docking and molecular dynamics simulations of the Fyn‐SH3 domain with free and phospholipid bilayer‐associated 18.5‐kDa myelin basic protein (MBP)—Insights into a noncanonical and fuzzy interaction. Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 85(7), 1336-1350.