Dr. Dong-Yeob Park, P.Eng
Research in fracture, mechanical behaviours/properties of materials
Current research and/or projects
I am currently serving as a research scientist at CanmetMATERIALS, Natural Resources Canada. I have been working on fracture and mechanical properties of engineering materials. I accomplished the PhD in Materials Science at McMaster University in Canada, and the master degree from Michigan state university in USA; thesis work involved mechanical properties and behaviours of engineering materials including both metals and non-metals.
Research and/or project statements
Current Research Projects:
- Mechanical testing
- Mechanical properties and behaviours of engineering materials
- Finite element analysis
Professional activities / interests
Co-supervision of a Ph.D. student at the University of Calgary on nanocomposite pipe coating.
Education and awards
Ph.D. in Materials Science, McMaster University, Hamilton.
M.Sc. in Materials Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing.
Excellence Recognition Award, Minerals and Metal Sector, Natural Resources Canada, 2010.
Best Oral Presentation, Metal Physics, 2006 - 18th Canadian Materials Science Conference, Montreal, Quebec.
- Park, D.-Y., Gravel, J.-P., H. Simha, J. Liang, and D.-M. Duan (2016), Low-Constraint Toughness Testing of Two SE(T) Methods in a Single Specimen, Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 138(5)
- Park, D.-Y. and Gravel, J.-P. (2015). Fracture toughness measurements using two single-edge notched bend test methods in a single specimen. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. 144: 78-88.
- Park, D.-Y., Gravel, J.-P, M. Arafin, Liang, J. and Simha, C.H.M.(2015). Evaluation of two low-constraint toughness test methods in a single specimen. Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology. 137(1): 011003:1-9.
- Lucon, E., Weeks, T., Gianetto, J., Tyson, W., Park, D.-Y.(2015). Fracture Toughness Characterization of High-Pressure Pipe Girth Welds Using Single-Edge Tension SE(T) Specimens. Materials Performance and Characterization. 4(2): 55-67.
Adjunct professor at the department of Mechanical engineering, University of Calgary.