Current research and/or projects
- Analyzes data from the Canadian Intersite Decomposition Experiment
- Verifies the Carbon Budget Model’s soil sub model.
Research and/or project statements
Professional activities / interests
- Regional representative of the Ottawa Women’s Network.
- Organizer of monthly informal science talks, Carbon Accounting Team.
- Review scientific texts.
- Give professional advice.
Education and awards
B.Sc. (Hons) Physics, University of Victoria, 1993.
M.Sc., McGill University, 1995.
Ph.D., Dalhousie University, 2001.
Certificate for a high quality review from the Institute of Chartered Foresters, 2014.
- Smyth, C. E.; Macey, D.; Trofymow, J. A. 2015. Long-term litter decay in Canadian forests and the influence of soil microbial community and soil chemistry. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 80 251-259.
- Smyth, C.; Blake, K.; Fellows, M.; Morken, S. 2014. Overview of Canada’s 250 m wall-to-wall test. October 2014. Internal Report.
- Smyth, C.; Fellows, M.; Blake, K.; Morken, S. 2014. Overview of Canada’s 250m wall-to-wall test using kNN spatially-explicit data. October 2014. Internal Report.
- Smyth, C.; Blake, K.; Dyk, A. 2014. Processing of spatially explicit harvest. October 2014. Internal Report.
- Smyth, C.E.; Stinson, G.; Neilson, E.T. ; Lemprière, T.C.; Hafer, M.; Rampley, G.J.; Kurz, W.A. 2014. Quantifying the biophysical climate change mitigation potential of Canada’s forest sector. Biogeosciences, 11, 3515-3529. doi:10.5194/bg-11-3515-2014.