Antonio G. De Crisci
Research in fundamental science that governs chemical and physical processes.
Current research and/or projects
Trained in the physical and chemical sciences, I seek to find solutions to problems using fundamental scientific principles.
Research and/or project statements
Current Research Projects:
- Reduction of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) Emissions from Tailings Ponds.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Activation, Conversion and Recycling.
- Total Acid Number (TAN) Reduction by Naphthenic Acid Removal.
- Integrating Natural Gas into Oil Sands Upgrading.
Professional activities / interests
Along with colloborating and being mentors to students and junior colleagues, im also part of the:
- Science Communications Committee, CanmetENERGY Devon
- CanmetENERGY Devon Awards Committee
- The Canadian Society of Chemistry
- The American Chemical Society
- The Canadian Society of Analytical Sciences and Spectroscopy
Education and awards
Hons. B.Sc. and Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Toronto.
Postdoctoral Studies at Stanford University.
Outstanding Leadership Award (IETS)
CanmetENERGY Devon Volunteer Appreciation Award (nominated by peers)
Canadian Government Visiting Fellow (NSERC Visiting Fellow).
Stanford University, CMAD Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Ontario Graduate Scholar (OGS).
University of Toronto Helen Sawyer Hogg Graduate Admission Award.
University of Toronto Doctoral Completion Grant.
- Antonio G. De Crisci, Kevin Chung, Allen Oliver, Diego Solis-Ibarra, Robert M. Waymouth. “Chemoselective Oxidation of Polyols with Chiral Palladium Catalysts”. Organometallics, 2013, 32 (7), pp 2257–2266.
- Antonio G. De Crisci, Jesse Kleingardner, Alan J. Lough , Anna Larsen, and Ulrich Fekl. “A Weakly Coordinating Anion as a Tripodal ‘Br3’-Ligand for Platinum(IV): Structure of [(closo-CB11H6Br6)PtMe3]”. Can. J. Chem., 2009, 87, 95-102.
- Antonio G. De Crisci, Alan J. Lough, Kanwarpal Multani and Ulrich Fekl. “9,10-Dihydroplatinaanthracenes with Aromatic Diimine Ligands: Syntheses, Spectroscopic and Computational Studies of New Luminescent Materials”. Organometallics, 2008, 27, 1765-1779.
- Antonio G. De Crisci, Gordon K. Hamer, and Ulrich Fekl. “The First Aryldiazenido Complex of Platinum(IV): An NMR-Study on the Addition of Aryldiazonium to Platinum(II)” Coord. Chem., 2010, 63, 2928.
- Srinivasan Ramakrishnan, Kate M Waldie, Ingolf Warnke, Antonio G De Crisci, Victor S Batista, Robert M Waymouth, Christopher ED Chidsey. “Experimental and Theoretical Study of CO2 Insertion into Ruthenium Hydride Complexes”. Inorganic chemistry, 2016, 55 (4), 1623-1632.