Anna Pacheco, M.Sc.
Support and coordinate the science project activities of the Living Laboratories Network across Canada.
Current research and/or projects
The Living Laboratories Initiative is an integrated approach to agricultural innovation that brings farmers, scientists, and other partners together to co-develop, test, and monitor new practices and technologies in a real-life context.
The result will be more practical technologies and sustainable farming practices adopted more quickly by Canadian farmers. A nationwide network of sites will be developed to create innovative solutions to help the sector:
- Adjust to climate change
- Reduce water contamination
- Improve soil and water conservation
- Maximize habitat capacity and biodiversity on agricultural landscapes
Current active Living Labs Sites include:
- Living Lab - Atlantic
- Living Lab - Eastern Prairies
- Living Lab - Quebec
Education and awards
1999-2004 Master of Science in Geography (Remote Sensing), University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
1997-1999 Bachelor of Arts in Geography, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
OTHER COURSES OF RELEVANCE:
- AAFC Management and Leadership Program (May 2018)
- Writing Targeted Briefing Notes (March 2012)
- How Ottawa Works (March 2012),
- Performance Management (February 2011)
- Employee Engagement and Internal Communications (January 2011)
- Theories, Techniques and Tools in Supervision (March 2010)
- Project Management (December 2006).
- Nominated for The Commission on Graduate Studies in Sciences prize, which recognizes the excellence of a master's thesis in the sciences, University of Ottawa. March 2004.
- Recipient of the Admission and Excellence Scholarship - September 1999.
- Recipient of the North and Nature Studies Group Award, June 1998.
Merzouki, A., McNairn, H., and Pacheco, A. (2009). "Evaluation of radar backscatter models over agricultural fields: Validation using polarimetric C-band RADARSAT-2 SAR image data.", Canadian Remote Sensing Symposium, Lethbridge, Canada, June 22-25, 2009.2009 - View publication details
Pacheco, A., McNairn, H., and Merzouki, A. (2009). "Applying advanced polarimetric techniques for agriculture tillage mapping.", 33rd International Symposium on Remote Sensing of Environment, Stresa, Italy, May 4-8, 2009.2009 - View publication details
Pacheco, A., McNairn, H., and Gauthier, E. (2008). "Applying spectral unmixing analysis and change detection techniques for agricultural conservation mapping.", Pecora 17: Memorial Remote Sensing Symposium, Adams Mark Hotel, Denver, CO, Canada, November 16-20, 2008, pp. 10.2008 - View publication details
Pacheco, A., Bannari, A., Staenz, K., McNairn, H. (2008). Deriving percent crop cover over agriculture canopies using hyperspectral remote sensing. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, [online] 34 S110-S123. http://dx.doi.org/10.5589/m07-0642008 - View publication details
Pacheco, A., McNairn, H., Holmstrom, D.A., and Gauthier, E. (2007). "Using earth observation to monitor no-till practices over agricultural crops in eastern Ontario and Prince Edward Island, Canada.", The Canadian Remote Sensing Symposium/American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing 2007 Specialty Conference, Ottawa, Canada, October 28- November 1, 2007.2007 - View publication details
Pacheco, A., McNairn, H., and Smith, A.M. (2006). "Multispectral Indices and Advanced Classification Techniques to Detect Percent Residue Cover Over Agricultural Crops Using Landsat Data.", SPIE Optics and Photonics 2006, San Diego, California, USA, August 13-17, 2006.2006 - View publication details
Bannari, A., Pacheco, A., Staenz, K., McNairn, H., and Omari, K. (2006). "Estimating and Mapping Crop Residue Cover on Agricultural Lands Using Hyperspectral and IKONOS Images.", Remote Sensing of Environment, 104(4), pp. 447-459.2006 - View publication details
- ‹ previous
- 2 of 2