Dr. Nathan Hayward (D.Phil.)
Current research and/or projects
Geomapping for Energy and Minerals (GEM): Canadian Cordillera project.
Research and/or project statements
(1) Geophysical (Aeromagnetic and Gravity) and tectonic investigations of iron oxide copper gold mineralisation in the Great Bear magmatic zone, NT.
(2) Geology, structure, tectonics and mapping strategy for the Yukon Plateau region (Dawson Ranges, Northern Stevenson Ridge, McQuesten), YT.
(3) Geophysical investigations into saucer-shaped sills on Ellef Ringnes Island, Canadian Arctic.
(4) Magnetic anomalies, salt tectonics and basement structure of the Appalachian orogen in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, Atlantic Canada.
Professional activities / interests
(1) Supervisor/mentor for graduate students.
(2) Adjunct Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, Simon Fraser University, BC.
Education and awards
D.Phil. Marine Geology and Geophysics, University of Oxford, 1996
B.Sc. (Hons.) Geology, University of Wales: Aberystwyth, 1992
Adjunct Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, Simon Fraser University, BC.
Member of the American Geophysical Union